An insightful post by Reena.
The Influence of
The reach of the social media is utilized
- to project politically motivated opinions and
- to drown the voices of sanity by trolling.
- To generate user content for the business
entities which make their millions through it.
- To divide the population into manageable chunks,
so that they never become a powerful unified lobby. Issues that can whip up a
frenzy of emotion are carefully chosen.
- To divert attention from other issues that can
expose the Lobbies. People are busy celebrating ‘never-heard-before’ Days and Weeks,
or analysing the implications of an isolated statement, rather than think about
the economic issues or corruption in high echelons.
- To crowd-source ideas for rationalization of
their actions. The same are immediately repackaged and sold.
- To collect qualitative and quantitative data on
opinions and waves, which is used for conversion to vote banks.
- To encash on popular sentiment.
- To collect inputs…
View original post 283 more words